The San Francisco Peninsula Press Club is now offering grants to high school journalism programs.
Grants can be used for:
- • Equipment such as computers, software, cameras, books, cabinets
- • Training
- • Students to attend journalism seminars, workshops, conferences and other educational opportunities and related travel expenses
- • Public records fees
Grants will be awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Peninsula Press Club. The grant program is open to all Bay Area high schools with journalism programs.
Applications may only be submitted by the school’s journalism teacher or class adviser. To apply, send a one-page letter on school letterhead with the following information:
- 1. Brief overview of the school’s journalism program (number of students, curriculum)
- 2. The grant amount requested.
- 3. The purpose of the grant. Be as specific as possible and explain how students or the journalism program will specifically benefit
- 4. Whether the grant can be used to attract matching funds
Grants will be considered year-round. Applicants will typically be notified within six weeks of receipt of the request.
To apply, send the above information to email@example.com or to the San Francisco Peninsula Press Club, 32 Robin Way, San Carlos, 94070.